« Home | Peace of Mind » | Positive’s short direct stack (from PU101) » | Retrospect on Rapport » 

Friday, April 21, 2006 

Set It and Forget It

i am NOT an master of the arts. if anything, i'm just a guy working to improve his natural game to suit his needs. i'm NOT gonna go completely out of my way to learn certain things if i really don't feel like it. if i notice that i come across a certain situation quite often, THAT's when i'll see whether i want to do something about it, so that i make the most of the situation should it happen again.

Move Forward
i see it coming in the near future: there'll be a time that i review this blog and i'll notice a change in perspective. heck, isn't that what we do with journals anyway? views from the current perspective may conflict showing improvement and progression of the self. it's good track record. a progress report.

i'm finding that to really move on in my personal quest, i'll have to calm my racing mind by putting it down here, and then leaving it alone, not having to recall it in my mind again. all i have to do is look back here. on the other hand, a major benefit of this is that i'll be able to think of other things, perhaps towards innovation, and then i'll be able to put THOSE down here, and move on again. so on and so forth.

It's Music, Baby.
it's just like when you've thought of ideas for a song, and you don't wanna forget them. you write them down! and then what happens is that having put it down in writing allows you to free your mind, giving it the liberty of coming up with new material, sooner than if your mind were full of other crap. to stay progressive, i believe that the mind cannot afford to be stuck for very long. it's the difference between taking too much time to make a perfect hit when you could have come up with 10 great ideas, where 3 of them quickly and easily turned out to be remarkable without much thought.

Don't Regress!
i'm here to stay progressive. apparently i have a lot to say, and therefore, TOO MUCH on my mind. i have so much going on what with work, school, the band, gigs, social scene, etc. that i can't let myself be clouded by all the craziness. initially, this may seem like another thing on my plate, but in hindsight, its purpose is to move forward and improve the overall way i look at things and live my life. it's as necessary as books, pen, and paper for class. it's not that i don't have time for it. i have to MAKE time for it. it's just a part of my schedule. just like daygame in between appointments, ease it in.

Balance
that, and i also need to remind myself that i've always been a complete BRAIN when it comes to my own beliefs and philosophy. aside from my random, playful, corkiness, i'm a deep analytical thinker. those that've seen glimpses of this side of me have said that they'd go CRAZY if they thought the way i did. others have been intrigued by my sense of maintaining a balanced life. well whatever it is, it's a blessing for me.

i'm grateful for it.

Pastiche

About me

  • I'm Pastiche
  • From Houston, Texas, United States
  • My mentality is all about POSITIONING. We choose to design a LIFESTYLE that serves our core values in Health, Wealth, and Love. The more we fine-tune this lifestyle, the closer we position ourselves towards our goals. By taking a macro, big-picture approach to life, you streamline and reduce the need to micro manage, and increase your capacity for enjoying the process. Less effort. More quality.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates